Volunteer Peer Mentors assist persons with disabilities to achieve the independence they desire by sharing experiences, providing educational resources, and giving support to:
- Assist individuals to become independent by recognizing and developing their own knowledge, skills and strengths
- Develop and increase social contacts
- Assist in problem solving
- Increase knowledge and use of community resources
- Provide support and friendship
- Increase interpersonal skills and
- Provide opportunities for individuals to become positive role models while encouraging self-help, self-direction, and self-determination.
- Provide assistance to individuals seeking support:
Daily living skills
- Create positive relationships
- Improved decision making skills
- Consumer choice
- Increased interpersonal skill
For more information, contact Alex at email@example.com or call 507-345-7139.